Suppose a scenario in which in you are trying to open MS Outlook but it fails to open or synchronize the offline storage file i. e. OST file, and reflects following error message.
"Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders may perhaps not be opened. Errors may perhaps have been detected in the file xxx.ost. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool."
xxx.ost here is the offline storage file (OST file) created by MS outlook in your local methodology. Showing this error message means the ost file gets corrupted and it can not be synchronized with the Exchange Server. As the ost file can not be right away opened with Outlook, the ost file becomes inaccessible.
Follow the below steps to resolve the situation
1. Close MS Outlook and all other applications that may entry the OST file.
2. Find the respective OST file, that motives the error. Information in the error message contains the ost file name.
3. Backup the original OST file.
four. Convert Outlook OST to PST file the use of third get together ost to pst converter. On successful conversion of ost to pst file all of your previous emails and files are now safe in an Outlook accessible PST file.
5. Rename or delete the OST file that motives the hassle.
6. Make sure the email account settings in Outlook are correct. Restart Outlook and send/receive your emails on the corresponding Exchange mailbox, Outlook itself create a new OST file and synchronize its files with the Exchange mailbox.
If in case that you might not entry your mailbox, then your current mail profile is incorrect, delete it and create a new one, following these steps:
Close MS Outlook.
Go to The Control Panel
In the Mail Setup conversation box, click Show Profiles.
Select one of the substantial incorrect profile in the record and click Remove.
Repeat the above step until all incorrect profiles have been removed.
Once all the incorrect profiles have been removed create a new profile following these steps.
Click Add and add email accounts properly according to their settings on the server.
Start Outlook and re-synchronize your Exchange mailbox.
7. Import recovered Data : After your OST file hassle is solved, Open the new ost file and converted PST file that contains all the recovered files, copy required files from ost 2 pst file.
The Author of this article is a files recovery expert having immense experience on files recovery, and email recovery softwares like OST to PST conversion, OST PST Tools, ost to pst conversion software. Author likes to update readers about files recovery and recover deleted emails thoughts.