"Jardin des Serres d’Auteuil": A botanical garden set within a major greenhouse complex located at the southern edge of the Bois de Boulogne in the 16th arrondissement, near Roland Garros tennis courts.
The site first served as a botanical garden in 1761 under Louis XV. Today’s greenhouses were constructed 1895-1898 under the direction of Jean-Camille Formigé (1845-1926).
Today the greenhouses produce about 100,000 plants per year for the interior decoration of municipal buildings. Exhibition greenhouses contain palm trees, succulents, and tropical collections.
Tagged: , Auteuil , serres d’Auteuil , jardins d’Auteuil , gardens , jardins , park , serres , hothouses , Metallic , Architecture , 19th century , 75016 , Paris , Ile de France , France , palmiers , palm trees , couple , formigé , jean camille formigé , Belle époque