The gardens were founded in 1795 by the Dublin Society (later the Royal Dublin Society) and they have grown to hold 20,000 living plants and many millions of dried plant specimens. There are several architecturally notable greenhouses. Today the Glasnevin site is the headquarters of the National Botanic Gardens of Ireland which has a satellite garden at Kilmcurragh in county Wicklow. The botanic garden participates in national and international initiatives for biodiversity conservation and sustainable development.
Tagged: , Infomatique , Botanic Gardens , Streets Of Dublin , Public Park , Gardens , Park , Dublin Streets , Ireland , Europe , William Murphy